Adult Division (16+):
- 5/11-6/30: $45/team
- 7/1-PPU: $50/team
- Event Day: $55/team
Youth Division (15 & Under):
- 5/11-6/30: $30/team
- 7/1-PPU: $35/team
- Event Day: $40/team
Date and Time:
Saturday, August 22, 2015
- 12:00 p.m. event starts
- Check in by 11:30 a.m.
Deer Grove East Forest Preserve
1599 Pepper Tree Dr., Palatine, IL 60074
The Palatine Police and Fire Benevolent Association is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization formed as an outlet for Palatine police officers and firefighters to give back to the community in which we serve. Our focus is to provide financial assistance (within our means) to community members in times of tragedy and crises. The Association raises money by organizing and/or participating in various events throughout the year with the ultimate goal of assisting others in need. To donate to the association click here… www.ppfba.org
- The Team: 3 people per team (any gender). All members of the team must be 16 and older to compete in the adult division and 15 and under to compete in the youth division.
- How to Play: As soon as the referee blows the whistle, each team can start pulling the rope into their territory. The objective of the game is for each team to pull the rope (along with the members of opposition team) to their side. As soon as the flag on the rope crosses over the line, the team to pull the rope to their area wins the game.
- Scoring: The team that pulls the flag over the line first wins that tug. Each match consists of 3 tugs. The winner will be determined by which team wins 2 of the 3 tugs.
- The Set Up: The challenge will be bracket style. Double elimination, so you are guaranteed 2 matches.
- Safety: Everyone must follow all rules. If you do not follow the rules your team will be disqualified. There will be a 2 minute break in between pulls to rest and get water.
- Come up with a team name.
- Unite your team with a uniform- whether it’s wearing the same color shirt, a head band, or getting customized outfits made, have fun with it!
- Gloves can be worn but are not required.
- No spikes or cleats.
- No yelling at the refs.
- No touching the ground with your hands/arms.
The top 3 teams will take home a giant trophy—and bragging rights!
There will also be a prize for best team uniform, so get as creative as you can.
Parking will be available at the Deer Grove East Forest Preserve. There will also be off-site parking with a shuttle if necessary.
*Parking map coming soon.
**ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED**
You can still register from 12:00-6:00pm today (8/21) at Road Runner Sports in Kildeer, or tomorrow morning before the event.
Refunds and Exchanges:
There will be NO refunds or exchanges for the Tug of War Challenge. No exceptions.